High quality metal bellow coupling has a rated torque of 3.7 Nm at 4700 rpm, with shaft diameters ranging from 8 to 15 mm. This flexible coupling is simple in construction and easy to machine and install, and is widely used in medical equipment, test benches, wind turbines, servo shafts in machine tools, wood processing machinery, and other equipment.
|Allowable Axial Misalignment
|Static Torsional Stiffness
|Moment of Inertia
Dimension (unit: mm)
Keyway Machining Dimensions Comparison Table
||Keyway Standard Processing Size
Bellows couplings are commonly used in robotics, medical equipment, semiconductor manufacturing, and aerospace industries. Bellows couplings can transmit torque and rotational motion while compensating for misalignments, which makes them ideal for applications where high accuracy and repeatability are critical.
Tips: What are the common applications of bellows couplings?
Bellows couplings are flexible couplings that use a thin-walled, corrugated metal bellows to transmit torque and compensate for axial, angular, and radial misalignments between rotating shafts. They are commonly used in various industrial applications that require precise positioning, high accuracy, and low backlash, such as motion control systems, robotics, semiconductor manufacturing, medical equipment, and aerospace.
Some of the common applications of bellows couplings are:
- Precision positioning systems: Bellows couplings provide high torsional stiffness and low inertia, which make them ideal for use in precision linear and rotary motion stages, such as those used in laser cutting, metrology, and inspection systems.
- Robotics: Bellows couplings can withstand high levels of vibration and shock and can compensate for misalignments caused by the movement of robotic arms and joints. They are often used in robotic manipulators, grippers, and end-effectors.
- Semiconductor manufacturing: Bellows couplings are used in semiconductor equipment, such as wafer handling robots, to ensure precise positioning and alignment of delicate components.
- Medical equipment: Bellows couplings are used in medical equipment, such as MRI machines and surgical robots, to provide accurate positioning and reduce vibration and noise.
- Aerospace: Bellows couplings are used in aerospace applications, such as satellite thrusters and gyroscopes, to transmit torque and compensate for misalignments caused by changes in temperature and pressure.
Overall, bellows couplings are versatile and reliable components that provide precise motion control in a wide range of industrial applications.