The provided 8 string solar combiner box is a DC combiner box, that can work for PV grid-tie inverters and off-grid inverters, comes with an anti-reverse diode, MCCB circuit breaker, DC fuse and surge protection device, great used for both residential and commercial settings.
- Model: ATO-FU-CB-8
- Number of DC Inputs: 8
- Material of Box: Coated lron
- Protection Level: IP65/IP66
- IK Impact Resisstance Class: IK08
- Max Rated Voltage DC: 1000V
- DC Fuse: 15A (Recommend 15A, support other ampere)
- Fuse Holder: 1000V DC 30A
- DC Breaker: 125A
- Surge Protection DC: Type II In=20KA, Imax=40KA, Ucpv=1000V DC
- Over-Voltage Category: Cat III
- Diode for The Function of Anti-Reflux: Build in
- Connection Type DC Input: PG09, IP68
- Input Cable Size for Negative and Positive: φ4-8mm
- Number of DC Outputs: 1 (Support customize for output number)
- Connection Type DC Output: PG19
- Gland Connectors: Material: Nylon Plastic, Seals: Nitrile Rubber Buna, IP68
- Ambient Temperature Range/Humidity: Temperature: -20℃~+60℃, Humidity: 0~99%
- Altitude: ≤2000m. Derating for above 2000m.
- Installation: Wall Mounting/Padlockable Latch
*Note: This PV combiner box has 8 parallel inputs and 1 output.
- 8 string PV combiner box is waterproof and dust-proof.
- PV convergence, current anti-reverse protection, over-current protection, over-voltage protection, lightning protection and anti-theft lock.
- DC combiner box can work for PV grid-tie inverters and off-grid inverters.
Photovoltaic (PV) combiner boxes are commonly used in residential, commercial, and industrial sectors for solar installations, enabling efficient consolidation of PV panel outputs and simplifying the wiring. These combiner boxes are also utilized in the agricultural sector for powering irrigation systems and agricultural infrastructure.
Tips: What is the meaning of the string in the PV combiner box?
In the context of a PV combiner box, a "string" refers to a series connection of multiple solar panels.
Solar panels are typically wired together in series to increase the overall voltage output while maintaining the same current. This series connection is referred to as a string. The positive terminal of one panel is connected to the negative terminal of the next panel, creating a continuous flow of current. The final voltage output of the string is the sum of the individual panel voltages.
In a PV combiner box, multiple strings of solar panels are connected and consolidated. Each string typically has its own input channel or terminal in the combiner box. The purpose of the combiner box is to bring together the outputs of these individual strings and combine them into a single output that is then routed to the inverter or charge controller.
The use of strings allows for more efficient wiring and easier management of solar panel connections. It also helps optimize the system's performance by ensuring that the panels are operating at similar voltage levels and minimizing the effects of shading or panel mismatches.