Solid State Relay Features
120A 70-280V AC to 24-480V AC solid state relay (SSR) features high structural strength, good impact resistance, and strong shock resistance. The SSR offers a reliable switching the commercial and industrial loads, such as computer peripheral interface device, printing machine, molding machine, food machine, packaging machine, and so on.
- Built in RC absorption
- Photoelectric isolation
- SCR output
- LED indicator for operation status
- Removable protective cover for safety
- Panel mount
- Zero-crossing switch type
120 Amps AC to AC SSR Specification
||Control voltage range
|Max. input current
|Must operate voltage
|Must release voltage
||Load voltage range
|Maximum off-state leakage current
|Maximum off-state time
|Maximum on-state voltage drop
||Dimension L – W – H (mm)
|Dielectric strength (input to output)
|Dielectric strength (input, output to the base)
* When the load current is higher than 10A, a heat sink must be added to the SSR or the SSR should be mounted on a metal base plate with heat dissipation effect, and apply the thermal grease between them. When the load current is higher than is 40A or more, it also needs to add fan cooling or water cooling.
* Heat sink is Not included.
Solid State Relay Dimension
SSR Wiring Diagram
Tips: Overvoltage protection for solid state relays
Transient voltage disturbance is one of the main causes of damage to electronic circuits and equipment. In the process of using solid state relays, instantaneous voltage damage to the solid state relays often occurs.
Common overvoltage protection methods include: RC snubber circuits, metal oxide varistors (MOVs), and built-in transient voltage suppressors (TVS).
- The RC snubber circuit absorbs and suppresses the momentary voltage applied to the solid state relay and reduces the rise rate of voltage index (dv/dt).
- MOVs are bipolar protection elements that absorb excessive transient voltages. However, with the energy absorption at each time, the performance of MOVs changes, the voltage level decreases and eventually the risk of overheating occurs due to unbearable supply voltage.
- TVS (Transient Voltage Suppressors) is efficient silicon PN junction protection device, a new product developed based on the voltage-regulator tube technology. Subjected to a transient high-energy impact at both ends of the TVS tube, it can turn the high impedance at both ends into a low impedance at very high speeds (response time is typically less than a few nS) while absorbing a large current, clamping the voltage between the two poles to a safe value, thus ensuring that the circuit components behind are protected from the impact of transient high energy.