Digital gloss meter has measurement angle of 60°, working range 0~200 GU (gloss unit), spot area 9 x 15mm. The gloss tester can be used in sheen measurement for paint, ink, coating, paper printing, plastic electronics, car, furniture, ceramics, electroplating, hardware, marble, etc.
|Measuring Spot Area
||9 x 15 mm
||Corresponding with CIE 1931 (2°) under CIE C light source
||± 1.5, ± 1.5%
||3.7V, 3200mAh Li-ion Battery, ＞10000 times (within 8 hours)
||TFT 3.5 inch
||Basic mode: 1000
||<85% relative humidity, no condensation
||Power adapter, USB cable, user manual, calibration plate
||Miniature printer (Please contact us if you need one)
- The digital gloss meter provides the basic measurement mode, that is, the sample measurement mode, which directly displays the measured value of sheen, which satisfies the basic gloss test.
- Gloss meter has a 3.5 inch color digital display, which can display 3 sets of test data at the same time for easy comparison.
- Digital gloss meter has automatic calibration function, simple operation.
- The digital gloss meter has a built-in rechargeable battery with automatic shutdown function, which is economical and environmentally friendly.
Digital Gloss Meter Calibration Precautions
- The digital gloss meter has an automatic calibration function at power-on. In order to use the gloss tester more conveniently and flexibly, user can choose whether to auto-calibrate when starting up.
- If the last shutdown was a manual shutdown, gloss meter will automatically calibrate the next startup. If the last shutdown was an automatic shutdown after 5 minutes of screen rest, gloss meter will not automatically calibrate the next startup.
- When the use environment of the digital gloss meter changes (such as drastic changes in temperature, altitude, humidity, etc.), it must be calibrated.
- To ensure the accuracy of calibration, please use the standard plate provided by the original manufacturer. Dust on the standard plate will affect the calibration effect. Before calibration, please wipe the working surface of standard plate with a wiping cloth to confirm that the working surface is clean.
- The standard plate is a precision optical element, avoid exposure to light, and keep it properly. Due to environmental factors, photometric data of the standard plate will change over time. Therefore, ATO recommends that you send the standard plate to a qualified metrology institute for verification and testing regularly (recommended once a year).
Digital Gloss Meter Applications
Tips: Why you need a gloss meter?
Generally, photometric parameters need to take into account the spectral response curve of the human eye. The spectral response curve is produced by the following relationship: The radiation that the human eye can see lies in the range of blue light with a wavelength of 380 NM to red light with a wavelength of 780 NM. In the green spectral region near the wavelength of 555NM, human eye has the highest sensitivity. In areas with longer or shorter wavelengths, sensitivity of the human eye decreases. This means that in these wavelength regions, higher radiant power is required to obtain the same brightness experience.
In the visible light region, the ratio of the radiant power at 555 NM (1 NM = 10-9 M) to the radiant power at other wavelengths is called the spectral sensitivity. The curve formed by it is called the V (^) curve.
Gloss of object surface cannot be detected by the naked eye, so a gloss meter is needed at this time. If you don't use a gloss meter, and distinguish with the naked eye, which will cause differences between the finished product and the sample.