Two-port (2/2-way) Normally Closed brass electric solenoid valves are general purpose for controlling flow of air, water and oil with DC 12 Volt, DC 24 Volt, AC 110 Volt, AC 220 Volt. The NC valve is open when the solenoid is energized and it is closed when de-energized. It is widely used in the areas like mechanical, textile, medical, food processing and so on.
||2 Way 2 Position, Normally Closed (N/C)
||Air, Water, Oil
|Port Diameter (mm)
|Flow Rate (Cv)
||G1/4" or 1/4" NPT
||G3/8" or 3/8" NPT
||G1/2" or 1/2" NPT
||G3/4" or 3/4" NPT
||G1" or 1" NPT
||G1¼" or 1¼" NPT
||G1½" or 1½" NPT
||G2" or 2" NPT
||Under 20 CS
||Water, Oil: 0~0.5MPa (0~72PSI) Air: 0~0.7MPa (0~101PSI)
|Max. Pressure Resistance
||12V DC, 24V DC, 110V AC, 220V AC
Two-way Solenoid Valve Symbol
1. High quality copper coil, corrosion resistance and good stability.
2. Solid and thick solenoid valve with smooth surface.
3. Diaphragm structure, general purpose for air and water, reliable operation.
4. Clear water flow direction mark, convenient to install.
Water Solenoid Valve Applications
Tips: Direct-acting vs pilot-operated solenoid valve
The ATO-2W series solenoid valves have two valve types, direct-acting with port size G1/4”, 3/8” and pilot-operated with port size G1/2, 3/4 inch etc. Are there any differences between them?
1. The direct-acting solenoid valve is usually used in small caliber and low pressure environment while the pilot-operated solenoid valve is suitable for large caliber and high pressure occasion. Generally, the flow rate of pilot-operated solenoid valves is larger than that of direct-acting solenoid valves.
2. For direct-acting solenoid valve, it will be able to start in zero pressure, without need of the minimum pressure of the medium. However, the pilot-operated solenoid valve needs a minimum pressure when starting, normally it is 0.05Mpa.
3. In terms of the start-up speed, the direct-acting solenoid valve is faster compared with the pilot-operated one.
4. The power consumption of direct-acting solenoid valve is usually ranging from 5W to 20W. But the pilot-operated solenoid valve has lower power consumption.