The rotational viscometer has 9 selectable rotational speeds and a set of standard spindles 1#, 2#, 3#, 4# to provide a wide range of viscosity measurement from 10 to 6,000,000 mPa.s, with high accuracy, reliability and favorable price.
- The digital rotational viscometer can measure the viscosity of a Newtonian liquid or the apparent viscosity of a non-Newtonian liquid.
- LCD display shows the measurement data directly, easy to read.
- Adopt the advanced micro-computer drive technology and stepper motor, accurate and stable rotating speed.
- The horizontal display unit is at the front of the viscometer, convenient to adjust.
- The measuring range and viscosity value can be accurately display with resolution of 0.01mPa.s.
- With timing measurement function, it is practical for measuring the non-Newtonian liquid.
- With automatic scanning, the viscometer can automatically recommend a preferred combination of rotor and speed.
- The viscosity measurement range of the selected rotor and rotating speed is automatically displayed.
- With the printing interface, a micro-printer can be connected to print various data.
|Rotating Speed (r/min)
||0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1.5, 3, 6, 12, 30, 60
||1#, 2#, 3#, 4#
(Optional rotor 0#, used for measuring the ultra-low viscosity less than 10 mPa.s)
||±2% (full range)
|Timing Measurement Function
|Auto Scanning Function
||Automatically recommending the optimal combination of the rotor and rotating speed according to the sample viscosity.
|Measuring Range Display Function
||Automatically displaying the maximum viscosity value measurable for the selected rotor and speed combination.
|Data Output Interface
|Standard Packing List
||Viscometer main machine
Rotor 1#, 2#, 3#, 4#
Rotor protective frame
Triangular base and column
Aluminum alloy carrying case
||Rotor 0#, Temperature probe, Software, Mini printer
* The rotor 0# is required when the measuring viscosity is lower than 10 mPa.s.
The digital rotary viscometer is widely applied in the fluid & semi-fluid manufacturing, scientific research institutes, universities or laboratories for viscosity measurement of oils, greases, paints, coatings, pulp, textiles, food, pharmaceuticals, adhesives and cosmetics, etc.
Tips: How to Use the Rotational Viscometer?
1. The rotational viscometer must be kept in a horizontal state.
2. When the rotor is put into the sample, bubbles should be avoided, otherwise the measured viscosity value will be reduced. The way to avoid this is to put the rotor tilting into the sample, and then install the rotor which cannot touch the wall and bottom of cup. The sample to be measured cannot pass the specified scale.
3. When the rotational viscometer is used for measuring different samples, the rotor must be kept clean and dry. If there are other samples on the rotor or remaining water after cleaning, the accuracy of measurement will be affected.
4. The maximum acidity (PH) should not exceed 2. If the acidity is too high, a special rotor should be selected. If used for ultra-low viscosity, it needs determine the sample volume.
5. The viscosity standard liquid should be chosen according to scope of the measuring viscosity. To ensure the accuracy of the measurement, verify the viscometer or rheometer each time you use this instrument, or check on a regular basis.
6. When connecting the rotor, gently lift and hold the mandrel with the left hand (on the viscometer main machine) and rotate the rotor with the right hand. This operation is to protect the mandrel and gossamer in the viscometer, so as to extend the service life of the instrument.
7. Get the readout when the value is relatively stable, otherwise there will be a large error in the obtained value.
8. When choosing the rotor, it should check which rotor has a closest measuring range with the sample to be measured, and then choose that one.