How to Maintain Industrial Air-cooled Water Chiller?
Water chiller is a kind of water cooling equipment, is able to provide constant temperature, constant current, constant pressure cooling equipment. In addition to knowing what a chiller is and how to use it, we also need to know how to maintain a water chiller. The air-cooled industrial chiller is equipped with compressor and motor overload protection, anti-freeze constant temperature, and pressure gauge functions. As long as the equipment is maintained regularly according to the instructions, the normal operation of the equipment can be ensured. In this atricle, we will introduce water chiller maintenance in detail.
- Keep the equipment room dry, clean and ventilated.
- If fire occurs, turn off the main power supply and put out the fire with a fire extinguisher.
- The working environment should be kept away from flammable substances such as alcohol and gasoline to avoid explosion.
- If the industrial water chiller stops due to failure, it is necessary to find out the cause and repair it before restarting it. If there is a refrigerant leak or chilled water leak, turn off all switches. If it cannot be stopped through the controller, it will be stopped through the emergency stop button on the electric control cabinet and the main power supply will be cut off.
- The air-cooled water chiller in ATO store is equipped with various automatic protection devices. The settings for each protection are set at the factory. Don't change it casually.
- Unless there is an emergency, do not stop the equipment by removing the mains power.
- Frequently check the operating status of the unit, including cooling water, chilled water quality, water temperature, water pressure, water filter, water pump, cooling tower, etc. If there is any abnormality, it should be repaired in time.
- During the commissioning and operation of the chiller, it is forbidden to open or close any shut-off valve.
If the flow channel of the shell and tube heat exchanger is severely frozen, cracks and leaks may occur. Therefore, please pay attention to anti-freezing, pay special attention to the following three points.
- If the water chiller unit is stored in an environment where the outdoor temperature is below 0, the moisture in the evaporator and condenser needs to be drained.
- During operation, the cooling water flow switch fails, possibly freezing the pipes. So we have to learn the correct cold insulation of the chiller. Therefore, the flow switch and the unit must be interlocked.
- During maintenance, charging or releasing refrigerant may cause evaporator frosting. Therefore, it is necessary to keep the water flowing in the evaporator or to drain the water completely.