50 kvar Shunt Capacitor Features
- 3 phase, 50 kvar rating work at 450V AC low voltage.
- Small volume, light weight and easy to install.
- Excellent self-healing performance: When a part of the isolation is fed through due to the over voltage, it is capable of self-healing so as to continue the operation.
- With the actual loss less than 0.1, little radiation, low temperature rise, and good energy conservation effect.
50 kvar Power Capacitor Specifications
||50 kvar (786 μF)
||50Hz or 60Hz
||3 line-△ type / 4 line-Y type
- Between two pole 2.15 times rated voltage is 10s;
- Between two pole 3 kv please choose highest value 10s;
- There is noperpetuity puncture and flash over.
|Max Permit Over Voltage
- 1.1 times rated voltage, the high permit over voltage is not more than 8 hours within 24 hours.
- 1.15 times rated voltage, it is not more than 30 minutes within 24 hours.
- 1.2 times rated voltage, it is not more than 5 minutes.
- 1.3 times ratedvoltage, it would not more than 1 minute.
|Max Permit Over Current
||It is permit that the over current is not more than 1.3 times rated current.
||Self healing, Sheet metal enclosure
||GB/T 12747-2004, IEC60831: 212002
Note: Need more models information of the 3 phase shunt capacitors, please click here.
Capacitor Installation and Dimension (mm)
Tips: Discharging device for shunt power capacitor
The shunt power capacitor is under energy storage condition when it is put into operation. When it is disconnected from the power supply, there is still a certain amount of energy stored, and there is a certain residual voltage between the electrodes of capacitor. This energy cannot be discharged to a safe voltage in a short time by its resistance with high insulation. If the capacitor is switched to run again when there is still some charges in capacitor, a strong impact switching-on inrush current and high overvoltage will be produced, which will cause electric damage if one contacts with a capacitor that still has some residual charges , so it is necessary to equip with special discharging device.
When the capacitor is removed from power grid, perform discharging completely by discharging device. The residual charges on capacitor should be removed within prescribed period of time and make the residual voltage on capacitor reduce to specified safe voltage (75V), so as not to cause personal and equipment accident. For low-voltage capacitors, resistance in series should be adapt while the discharging coil as discharging device should be adapt for the high-voltage capacitors. Sometimes, the transformer or distribution transformer primary winding of single-phase triangular wiring or the open triangular wiring can be used as discharging coils.