80A 3-phase solid state relay (3-32V DC to AC SSR) features compact size, high structural strength, good impact resistance, and strong shock resistance. The SSR offers a reliable switching the commercial and industrial loads, such as computer peripheral interface device, printing machine, molding machine, food machine, packaging machine, and so on.
- Built in RC absorption
- Photoelectric isolation
- SCR output
- LED indicator for operation status
- Removable protective cover for safety
- Panel mount
- Zero-crossing switch type
||Control voltage range
|Max. input current
|Must operate voltage
|Must release voltage
||Load voltage range
|Maximum load current
|Maximum off-state leakage current
|Maximum off-state time
|Maximum on-state voltage drop
||DC to AC, 3 phase
|Dimension L – W – H (mm)
|Dielectric strength (input to output)
|Dielectric strength (input, output to the base)
- When the load is a resistive load, the maximum load current of the selected SSR should be 2~3 times greater than the actual load current;
- When the load is an inductive load, the maximum load current of the selected SSR should be more than 7~8 times the actual load current.
- When the maximum load current is higher than 10A, a heat sink must be installed to the solid state relay, or the SSR relay should be mounted on a metal base plate with heat dissipation effect, and the thermal grease is applied between them.
||Heat sink for 3 phase SSR
||Mounting Hole Diameter: 3mm
Groove Distance: 84mm
||≤150A 3 phase solid state relay
Dimensions (Unit: mm)
Tips: How to choose the solid state relay?
The key is to choose a solid state relay with appropriate rated current. Unless otherwise specified, the rectifier, controllable module and other power module will be fine.
The rated current of solid state relay (SSR) is selected according to different load types. The instantaneous current of resistive load, inductive load and capacitive load is large when starting. Even for the load with pure resistance, the resistance value is smaller in cold state because of the positive temperature coefficient, so it has a larger starting current. Moreover, the inductive load has higher back electromotive force.
Capacitive loads have greater risks. The capacitor (load) is equivalent to a short circuit because the voltage at both ends of the capacitor cannot be mutated when starting. More attention should be paid to the selection of this type of load.
It is important to point out that the surge current value of solid state relay (SSR) which is based on thyristor surge current should not be used as the basis for selecting the starting current of the load. Its prerequisite is a half (or one) cycle of power supply, that is, 10 or 20ms. The time of startup processes above-mentioned is ranging from hundreds of milliseconds, to several minutes, even to 10 minutes. Please pay high attention to this point.