Water Quality Tester Basics: Working Principle, Features and Functions
Water is one of the important environmental factors and an important component of the human body. The body water content of man accounts for about 65% of body weight, and the daily physiological water requirement of each person is about 2 to 3 liters. All physiological activities of the human body, such as thermoregulation, nutrient delivery, waste excretion, etc., require water to complete. Therefore, it is essential to measure water quality.
In order to protect the water environment, it is necessary to strengthen the monitoring of sewage discharge. The decline of drinking water quality is extremely harmful to human health. Water quality testers play an important role in environmental protection, water quality testing and water resources protection.
Based on the above two points, we can know the importance of water quality tester. So today, let's introduce the working principle, characteristics, functions and application fields of the water quality tester. We hope that after reading this article, you can have a general idea about the water quality tester.
Basic working principle
First, let's move to the basic working principle of water quality tester.
- According to electrochemical corrosion (two electrodes composed of metal and electrolyte, forming a corrosion galvanic battery) or organic chemicals, the chemical substances in the water body are involved in electrolysis or chemical reactions.
- Accurately measure the chemical composition in water by colorimetry, titration, and conductivity.
- Accurately measure various index data information, and analyze whether the water body conforms to the testing standards.
After introducing the basic working principle of the tester, you must want to know its features. Its features are as fallowing.
- Experimental results are concentration, absorbance, or percent transmittance.
- Wavelengths are automatically selected within pre-programmed parameters.
- The instrument is hand-held and can be operated with one hand.
- The ultra-bright light-emitting diode light source and unique light source driving technology ensure the long-term stability of the instrument.
- Photoelectric converter to ensure the accuracy and stability of measurement.
- Using a circular cuvette to measure can perform single-wavelength and dual-wavelength measurements at the same time.
- The instrument is fully waterproof and has a sturdy and reliable structure, which is more suitable for use in the field environment.
- Silicone keys to ensure sealing performance and long service life.
Now, let's move to its functions.
- Micro-processing patented technology. Humanized design. Large screen display. Measurement flow chart text display. Easy to use.
- Unique combination concept. More than 10 measurement indicators can be measured routinely or quickly. And store 20 sets of measurement data as needed.
- Unique humanized design. According to the specific situation and site conditions. To achieve portable, desktop, hanging a variety of measurement methods.
- Conventional power configuration, low battery prompt. It can be set to automatically shut down within 0-120 minutes according to user needs.
- Portable packaging, waterproof and anti-vibration rubber design. Affordable. It is suitable for various water quality, watershed sudden, rapid and routine monitoring.
Application fields of water quality tester
Here is the last point: its application fields.
- The sensor is explosion-proof verified and can be used for the monitoring of flammable gas or flammable and explosive water.
- Water quality monitoring, investigation, monitoring and screening of surface water, industrial sewage and drinking water sources.
- Monitor and control the influent, effluent and water treatment processes of the water plant. Guidance on drug delivery optimization and related process control.
- Monitoring of key sections of surface water bodies, inspection of pollution sources, investigation of exceeding standards, and daily monitoring of rivers, lakes, and reservoirs.
- Monitoring, screening and monitoring of urban water supply projects, water supply network, drainage network, secondary water supply and groundwater quality.
- Key process control such as urban sewage treatment, industrial sewage treatment process, intelligent guidance, and aeration volume and residence time.
- Daily monitoring and investigation of petrochemical industry monitoring department, leakage accident, surface water pollution, drinking water pollution monitoring and early warning.
Above all, there is the introduction of water quality tester. From the introduction, we can know that the tester is very helpful in various areas and it plays a very important role. If you can make full use of it, you will benefit a lot from the water quality tester.