How to Measure the Thickness of Color-Coated Board with Coating Thickness Gauge?
The thickness of the coating has an important influence on the quality of the color-coated board. In order to ensure the consistency of coating quality, coating thickness gauge must be used for thickness detection. ATO coating thickness gauge can quickly and accurately test a variety of coating thickness, with minor measurement errors and high reliability. How to measure the thickness of a color-coated board with a coating thickness gauge?
Coating Thickness Gauge Calibration and Accuracy Verification
The equipment supplier can use the thickness standard sheet for calibration before the equipment leaves the factory, the equipment user can also use the thickness standard sheet to calibrate the instrument according to the provisions of the equipment manual.
- Use a thickness standard sheet or a self-made standard sample with known coating thickness to verify the accuracy of the calibrated instrument.
The accuracy and test frequency of the verification test can be formulated according to actual needs. When formulating the accuracy requirements of the verification test, the accuracy of the equipment and the standard should be considered at the same time. The unit of thickness standard sample for equipment calibration using this method is required to be micrometers (um).
Select at least 5 different positions with a distance greater than 25mm from the edge of the sample for measurement. In order to improve the representativeness of the measurement results, the number of measurements can be appropriately increased.
The accuracy of the method to determine the thickness of the color-coated sheet will be affected by the following factors:
- Bending of the sample: It should be ensured that the sample to be tested is flat without bending.
- Foreign particles: It should be ensured that the surface of the sample and the probe surface are clean to prevent foreign particles from affecting the test results.
- External magnetic field: Since the measurement result of the magnetic probe will be affected by the external magnetic field, it should be ensured that there is no influence of the external magnetic field during the measurement process.
- Coating with metal filler: When the color-coated plate coating contains metal filler, since the eddy current field will be affected by the metal filler, the measurement result will be affected by the composition and content of the metal filler in the coating. This effect should be taken into account when measuring.
- Electrical properties of the substrate: The measurement results of the eddy current probe will be affected by the conductive properties of the substrate, and the equipment should adopt a compensation method to reduce the impact.
- Probe pressure: The pressure of the magnetic-eddy current composite probe will affect the measurement results. The probe brought by the equipment should have a device to keep the probe pressure constant, and this effect should be paid attention to when measuring.