Linear Servo Motor vs. Pneumatic Cylinder
In recent years, with the continuous improvement of industrial automation production line requirements, linear servo motors have gradually entered the field of pneumatics. Linear servo motor have significant advantages over traditional cylinders. The servo not only saves the pipeline and solenoid valve of the traditional pneumatic cylinder, but also does not have the trouble of air leakage and maintenance, and eliminates the vibration problem of the traditional cylinder by controlling the speed in real time.
What is linear servo motor?
Linear cylinders are driven by electric motors (servo motors, stepper motors, etc.) for linear motion. Linear servo motor is a modular product integrating servo motor and lead screw. It converts the rotary motion of the servo motor into linear motion, and at the same time optimizes the advantages of the servo motor - precise speed control, precise speed control, precise torque control, precise control, precise position control, precise thrust control; high-precision linear - A new and revolutionary addition to the sports collection.
What is pneumatic cylinder?
The gas is highly compressible, has strong expansion force, is explosive and unsafe. Therefore, it is a pressure vessel that does not move. Responsibility for design, manufacture, approval, inspection, design and manufacture is important. The pneumatic pressure will not be very high, generally a few KG/ square centimeter. Therefore, the power will not be too large, for fear of accidents. So they are all little things. Pneumatic cylinders, valves and seals are similar to hydraulic systems. Cushioning structure is more because the aerodynamics are fast and the influx.
Differences between linear servo motor and pneumatic cylinder
- Speed controllable
Conventional air cylinders achieve speed control by adjusting one-way throttle valves mounted on both sides of the pneumatic cylinder. This speed control method is only suitable for occasions where the speed value is not high. And the speed is affected by the size of the air compressor pressure and the size of the solenoid valve and vent. The linear cylinder controls the running speed by controlling the frequency of the output current, which has the advantages of continuous adjustment, fast response, and precise control of the speed through the feedback system.
- End-point buffer control, no influence
Usually, when the piston movement speed of the pneumatic cylinder is high (about 1 m/ s), the front and rear end covers of the cylinder will slam violently at the end of the stroke, which may easily cause vibration and damage to the cylinder. Therefore, bumpers (rubber pads) are usually installed at the ends to reduce or eliminate end shocks. Or set up a small enclosed space at the end of the cylinder to convert kinetic energy into pressure energy. The linear servo motor detects the position in real time and precisely controls the speed through the microprocessor. When moving to the final position, it rapidly reduces its running speed and achieves end-point cushioning control.
- Optional intermediate anchor point
Pneumatic cylinders are good at reciprocating linear motion. It can also be added to intermediate anchors. It is mainly composed of solenoid valve, controller and stopper, but the positioning accuracy is not high, only 0.5mm, and the highest can only reach 0.1mm. For users who need more precise positioning, the air cylinder is far from meeting their requirements. Linear cylinders can add any number of intermediate stops at any position within the motion stroke according to customer needs. In terms of accuracy, the electric cylinder also has absolute advantages, and the control accuracy can reach 0.02mm.
Advantages of linear servo motor
- Linear servo actuator can save energy and eliminate the disadvantages of hydraulic oil leakage and environmental pollution.
- Linear servo motor with low noise, low friction, low speed, good stability, good controllability and stability.
- Linear servo motor can easy to install and use, low maintenance cost, no high technical requirements for maintenance personnel.
- Ball screw, planetary roller screw and T-screw application technology at the same time.
- Adopt advanced modular design method, compact structure and small volume.
- Linear servo actuator with fast response, high performance, high reliability, small inertial design, good positioning repeatability, long service life, frequent start and stop environmental adaptability (low temperature, high temperature, seawater, waterproof, explosion-proof and other special environments). The main disadvantage is that the production cost is too high.