What are the Key Points When Installing Cable Drag Chain?
There are many types of cable, and in different places and construction environment, the performance requirements for cable are different. Generally in some outdoor application environment is more harsh conditions, will choose the cable drag chain to meet the requirements of production.
So when installing this kind of cable, how to fix it to meet the requirements of production? In this article, ATO automation will introduce key points about this.
- When fixed, it is necessary to leave about 10%-15% space for the cable, so that the internal cable, oil pipe or open hose can move freely, convenient for subsequent repair.
- Pay attention to control the bending radius of the cable, pay attention to the allowed bending radius, so as to better avoid the strong tension on the cable, better extend the cable, oil pipe and so on from damage.
- For some wires with large diameter gap, they should be separated and evenly laid, and the quality of each wire should be balanced. If necessary, they can be isolated with isolation strips accordingly.
- When running at high speed and high frequency, it is necessary to separate the conductors of the cable drag chain horizontally as far as possible to avoid the occurrence of overlapping problems. In addition, if its internal contained wire, cable, oil pipe and so on more, it is best to use the isolation sheet for effective isolation.
- Both points of the cable must be secured, or at least at the moving end of the drag chain. Generally, the distance between the cable moving point and the end of the cable drag chain should be 20-30 times the diameter of the cable.
- Make sure the cable drag chain is fully movable within the bend radius, that is, not forced to move. The cables can therefore move relative to each other or to the guide. After running for a period of time, it is best to check the position of the cable. (It must be checked after push and pull.)
When installing and fixing the drag chain, attention should be paid to choosing the appropriate joint, and at the same time, the installation position should be analyzed in detail, and the most secure installation method should be selected to fix it. In addition, attention should be paid to ensure that the cable can move freely within the cable drag chain, so as to better prevent cable entanglement problems.