Explosion Proof Motor Troubleshooting
Explosion-proof motor is a special kind of electrical equipment with great danger. Once rust and rust spots appear on the explosion-proof surface, and the contact surface is not in good contact, harmful media will take the opportunity to enter, corroding the parts and winding insulation in the machine, and once the explosion-proof motor loses its explosion-proof performance, the consequences will be disastrous. Therefore, it is very important to find, repair and eliminate explosion-proof motor failures in time.
The factors and cleaning methods that cause explosion-proof motors to explode are roughly as follows:
6 factors that cause explosion-proof motors to explode
- Because the protection and installation are not rigorous enough, the explosion-proof surface is seriously corroded: Therefore, proper equipment workmanship must be employed and carefully inspected and protected in accordance with protection guidelines.
- The explosion-proof surface suffered severe mechanical damage: This is caused by improper installation or transportation and hoisting. If the correction is difficult, the same type of explosion-proof motor needs to be replaced.
- The sealing ring is damaged and the sealing effect cannot be obtained: Three-phase asynchronous motors should generally be equipped with fault protection devices, such as thermal protection devices, motor electronic protectors, etc. The setting value of the protection devices should be adjusted according to the current of the motor nameplate. If the motor load is relatively stable, in order to better protect the motor, the setting value of the protection device can be adjusted according to the actual working current of the motor. This is due to the improper shape of the tightening screw. If the screw is too tight and the force is too large, the sealing ring will be broken; when the screw is too loose, the sealing ring will be corroded by the outside, which is easy to cause damage and lose the sealing effect. In addition, if the raw material of the sealing ring is not good, it will cause premature failure. At this time, the qualified sealing material should be replaced.
- The explosion-proof surface is seriously deformed: Three-phase asynchronous motors should generally be equipped with fault protection devices, such as thermal protection devices, motor electronic protectors, etc. The setting value of the protection devices should be adjusted according to the current of the motor nameplate. If the motor load is relatively stable, in order to better protect the motor, the setting value of the protection device can be adjusted according to the actual working current of the motor. This is caused by factors such as insufficient machining accuracy of parts, improper handling of raw materials, and improper operation. When the device is required, the force should be uniform, and the processing should be carried out according to the accuracy and roughness of the drawing. Explosion-proof motors with severely deformed explosion-proof surfaces are difficult to maintain, and new explosion-proof motors should be replaced if necessary. Slight deformation, also because the device is not in the correct shape, can be reassembled from scratch.
- Often poorly protected: It is reflected in the following aspects: too much dirt, not cleaned in time; loose screws, not checked and tightened in time; insulation damped, insulation resistance decreased; explosion-proof surface corrosion, etc. Therefore, inspection and repair work should be carried out carefully in accordance with the protective regulations.
- Explosion-proof motor overheating: Generally, the factors and solutions for overheating of explosion-proof motors are as follows: ventilation system failure; fan damage or wrong model. The solution is to check the protection regularly, and deal with the problem in time; the bearing failure of the explosion-proof motor causes the iron core of the explosion-proof motor to sweep the floor, which is equivalent to the overload of the explosion-proof motor, and the qualified bearing should be replaced in time; the overload of the explosion-proof motor should be determined according to the capacity of the explosion-proof motor. Adjust the size of the load from scratch; if the power supply voltage is too high or too low, the power supply voltage should be at the rated value; if the explosion-proof motor is corroded, check the tightness of the seals and screws.