How to Use an Ultrasonic Cleaner?
After buying an ultrasonic cleaner, you should first read the instructions of the ultrasonic cleaner carefully. The instruction for use is included in the packaging box of ATO ultrasonic cleaner. Please keep the manual properly in case you need it in the future. The following will tell you about how to use the ultrasonic cleaner for your reference.
How to use
Generally, the power cord of the ultrasonic cleaning machine is separated from the cleaning tank. The ultrasonic power supply needs to be connected to the cleaning tank. An ultrasonic cleaner with a drain can be connected to a drain pipe, or the drain can be directed toward the drain.
Fill an appropriate amount of water in the cleaning tank. The height of the liquid level should be able to immerse the cleaned parts and be lower than the highest water level. Some products have overflow. For these models, the overflow pipe should be connected in advance.
3. Warm up
Start the electric control heating switch and adjust the water temperature to an appropriate temperature (usually within 50°C ~ 60°C). There is a temperature detector in the washing machine, and the heating device will continue to heat up to the specified temperature, and then it will be in the heat preservation mode. When the temperature is lower than a certain value, the heating device will self-start and heat to the set temperature.
4. Add cleaning agent
When the water temperature rises to about 30°C, the cleaning agent for the parts can be added to the cleaning tank. It can be added according to the product process, the ratio is 1:20 or 1:30. The water can be stirred to enable the cleaning agent to be fully dissolved in the water.
5. Pre-treatment of the component
When using an ultrasonic cleaner to clean some parts that are too heavy and oily, the thicker sludge or thicker dust can be scraped off before cleaning. Simple ultrasonic cleaning pretreatment will greatly improve the efficiency of ultrasonic cleaning, shorten the time of ultrasonic cleaning, and extend the service life of ultrasonic cleaning machines.
6. Component placement
The parts need to be placed in a stainless steel cleaning basket and gently placed in the cleaning tank. It is recommended not to put too many parts at one time, and distribute them as evenly as possible, and do not place them too tightly.
Turn on the power of the ultrasonic generator to start normal cleaning. If necessary, the power adjustment knob can be turned in the clockwise direction to adjust the appropriate power. The ammeter shows the normal current of 4~5A.
The working time of ultrasonic cleaning can be determined according to the condition of the parts. If you feel that the cleaning is almost complete during the ultrasonic cleaning process, you can first turn the power knob to the minimum and then press the ultrasonic working button to stop the cleaning. Under normal circumstances, the ultrasonic power supply can be turned off directly.
9. After use
It is required to take out the cleaning basket directly, and rinse the cleaned parts with water. After that, the parts need to be placed in a fan or air-drying machine for air-drying until the cracks are completely dried.
10. Treatment of the cleaning agent
When the ultrasonic cleaner is used to clean a large amount of components, the content of sludge in the cleaning fluid is very high. Coupled with the emulsification of ultrasonic waves, the cleaning fluid will become turbid. This will not only cause the parts to suffer secondary pollution, but also the cavitation effect of ultrasound will be weakened. At this time, the liquid containing the cleaning agent should not continue to be used.
Some factories have environmentally friendly water treatment systems that can be refined and discharged. According to the output of cleaning, some industries added a filter circulation device while purchasing an ultrasonic cleaning machine. In this way, impurities can be filtered while cleaning, which improves production efficiency. Some of them put the cleaning solution of the day into the storage bucket, and then add new cleaning solution the next day after precipitation. It should be said that all three methods help reduce the cost of use.
11. Auxiliary effect of soaking
Many parts that are cleaned, such as cylinder heads, pistons, connecting rods, turbochargers, intake and exhaust pipes, etc., have carbon deposits or oxide layers. These carbon deposits or oxide layers float on the surface and are easy to clean. If it is too heavy, it is more difficult to wash, so the necessary soaking and softening process for the parts will make the next stage of cleaning more effective.
12. Auxiliary function of the ultrasonic cleaner
When cleaning stacked extremely small pieces, granular, and complex-shaped parts, a combination of multiple functions can be used. For example, you can move up and down while cleaning and you can roll the basket while cleaning. The pulse type is cleaned every few minutes, and then cleaned after soaking.
- The power supply of the ultrasonic cleaner and the power supply of the electric heater must have a good grounding device.
- Do not start the ultrasonic cleaner when there is no water or solvent in the tank. This will cause empty vibration and cause the vibration head to be scrapped or damaged.
- For cleaning equipment with heating system, it is strictly prohibited to turn on the heating switch when there is no liquid.
- It is forbidden to hit the bottom of the cleaning tank with heavy objects (iron parts) to avoid damage to the energy converter chip.
- The power supply of the ultrasonic generator should use a 220V or 110V power supply alone and be equipped with a voltage stabilizer above 2000W.
- The bottom of the cleaning tank should be flushed regularly without excessive debris or dirt.
- During the operation of the washing machine, do not put your fingers in the washing tank, otherwise you will feel tingling or discomfort.
- Each time a new fluid is changed, the parts can be washed after the ultrasonic is started.
- Clean water or aqueous solution should be used as cleaning agent. It is absolutely forbidden to use alcohol, gasoline or any combustible gas as a cleaning agent into the cleaning machine. The company cannot be held responsible for fires, explosions, etc. caused by this.
- The best way to make the ultrasonic cleaning effect is that the temperature of the ultrasonic cleaning tank is 30~50℃, and the cleaning agent is selected correctly according to different cleaning objects. Cleaning agents are generally divided into water-based (alkaline) cleaning agents, organic solvent cleaning agents and chemical reaction cleaning agents. Water-based cleaners are usually the most used. It is necessary to select different cleaning times according to the degree of pollution and the nature of the dirt to be cleaned.