What are the Advantages of BLDC Motor?
The brushless DC motor is a device that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. By consuming electrical energy, mechanical energy can be obtained to achieve certain needs. What are the applications of BLDC motors? Brushless DC motors can be used in the small home appliance industry. The most common electric fan is to use brushless DC motors to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy to turn the electric fan, bringing us coolness. In addition, lawn mowers in the garden industry and electric drills in the power tool industry all work with brushless motors.
Advantages of Brushless DC Motors
1. High efficiency and low energy consumption. The application of brushless DC motors is being vigorously promoted worldwide, which has a lot to do with the performance advantages of brushless itself. From the perspective of energy consumption, this is indeed the general trend.
2. Low noise (silent) and smooth operation. Because there is no brush, the friction of the BLDC motor is greatly reduced, the operation is smooth and the noise is much lower in the operation process. This is an advantage for many applications: Home appliances, industrial automation, and medical industries all need a quiet environment.
3. Long life and low maintenance cost. The structural characteristics of the brushless DC motor determine its long life. Within a reasonable range of use, BLDC motors basically do not require additional maintenance costs.
4. Wide application range and good control effect. Because the brushless DC motor has a controller (driver), it can achieve simple to complex control, and can achieve various communication requirements (232, 485, can, etc.). In this way, in addition to satisfying some conventional mechanical actions, complex control commands can be executed. Furthermore, with the widespread use of magnetic encoders in recent years, the BLDC motor can be used to replace some simple servo applications.
5. DC brushless motor can fully replace DC motor speed regulation, frequency converter & variable frequency motor speed regulation, asynchronous motor & reducer speed regulation.
6. Brushless DC motor can run at low speed and high power, which can save the heavy load directly driven by the reducer.
7. BLDC motor has all the advantages of traditional DC motors. At the same time, it eliminates the carbon brush and slip ring structure.
8. Trapezoidal wave magnetic field motor and sine wave magnetic field motor can be selected as required.
ATO brushless DC motor for sale online has following benefits:
- Excellent torque characteristics, good torque performance at medium and low speeds, large starting torque, small starting current.
- Stepless speed regulation, wide speed regulation scope, and strong over-loading ability.
- Small size, light weight and high force.
- High dynamic performance soft starter and soft stop. It has eliminated the original mechanical braking or electromagnetic braking device.
- High efficiency. Because the BLDC motor has no excitation loss or carbon brush loss, the multi-stage deceleration loss is eliminated, and the comprehensive power saving rate can reach 20% to 60%. The saved electricity can recover the purchase cost in one year.
- High reliability, good stability, strong adaption, simple repair and maintenance.
- Bump endurance, small vibration, smooth operation, and long service life.
- No radio disturbance, no sparkling, explosive-proof type extremely suitable for the explosive site.
Other Comparative Advantages
(1) Range of Application
Brushless DC motor: In normal conditions, brushless DC motor is used in equipment with relatively high control requirements and high speed, for example, aeromodelling, precision instruments, etc., which have strict control of the motor speed and high speed.
Carbon brush motor: In normal conditions, carbon brush motors are used in power tools, such as hair dryers, factory motors, household range hoods, etc. In addition, the speed of series-excited motors can also reach high, but due to the wear of carbon brushes, their service life is not as good as brushless DC motors.
(2) Service Life
BLDC motor: Generally, the service life of the BLDC motor is in the order of tens of thousands of hours, but the service life of brushless DC motors is also very different due to different bearings.
Carbon brush motor: Normally, the continuous working life of a carbon brush motor is hundreds to more than 1,000 hours. The carbon brushes need to be replaced when the service limit is reached, otherwise it is easy to cause bearing wear.
(3) Service Effect
Brushless DC motor: Brushless DC motor with high torque is usually controlled by digital frequency conversion. Its controllability is strong. The from a few rpm to tens of thousands of rpm can be easily achieved.
Carbon brush motor: The old carbon brush motor generally works at a constant speed after starting, and it is not easy to adjust the speed. The speed of the series-excited motor can reach 20000 rpm, but the service life will be shorter.
(4) Energy Saving
Relatively speaking, brushless DC motors controlled by inverter technology will be more energy-efficient than series excited motors. The most typical ones are inverter air conditioners and refrigerators.
The carbon brush motor needs to replace the carbon brush. If it is not replaced in time, it will cause damage to the motor. The service life of brushless DC motors is very long, usually more than 10 times that of brushed dc motors. However, if it breaks, the motor needs to be replaced, but routine maintenance is basically unnecessary.
(6) The noise has nothing to do with whether it is a brushed motor or not, instead it actually depends on the cooperation of the bearing and the internal components of the motor.
(7) As for the parameter index of the model brushless DC motor, in addition to the dimensions (outer diameter, length, shaft diameter, etc.), weight, voltage range, no-load current, maximum current and other parameters, there is an important index: KV value. This value is a unique performance parameter of the BLDC motor and an important data for judging the performance characteristics of the BLDC motor.
(8) Equipment with brushless DC motors can be used for some workshops more demanding dust-free, such as the dairy industry, brewing industry, meat processing industry, soybean product processing industry, beverage processing industry, pastry processing industry, pharmaceutical industry, electronic precision factory, etc.
Brushed motors: Brushed motors can only be used in areas with not high cleaning requirements, such as toilets, but they cannot be used in dust-free workshops and explosion-proof workshops.