Advantages of Laser Marking on Metal Signs and Marks
Laser marking allows you to create a high-quality, high-value signs and marks that make your metal signs and marks greatly different from your competition. Laser marking respond quickly to customized and one-of-a-kind applications that are difficult and expensive to produce using alternate methods and materials.
The laser is like a pencil-the beam emitted from it allows the controller to trace patterns onto the surface. The controller (usually a computer) controls the direction, intensity, speed of movement, and spread of the laser beam aimed at the surface. The surface is picked to match what the laser can act on.
Pic.1 Laser welding machine
I. Suitable metal signs and marks Application with laser marking
- Wayfinding signage
- museum & display signage
- Donor Plaques
- Barcode and property tags
- Plaque & Award
- Name badge
- Corprate awards
- Interior architectural signage.
Pic.2 Laser welding machine applications
II. Suitable types of metal for laser marking
- Stainless steel
- Hardened metals
- Alloy steels
- High-speed steels
- Anodized aluminum
- Titanium, titanium alloys
- Hard metals
- Precious metals
- Coated metals
III. Advantages of laser marking in metal signs and marks
Comparing with traditional marking methods (printing, ink jet numbering, electric corrosion, etc.), the advantages of laser marking in metal signs and marks as below:
- Non-contact processing can be printed on any regular or irregular surface mark, and after marking the workpiece will not produce internal stress.
- Mark clear and beautiful, lasting anti-corrosion.
- Long service life, no pollution.
- Low operating costs.
Marking fast and marking molding, low energy consumption, and thus low operating costs. Although the laser marking machine equipment investment is expensive than the traditional marking equipment, but from the operating costs, the using cost of laser marking machine is much lower.
- High processing efficiency The laser beam under computer control can move at high speed (speed up to 5 to 7 m/s) and the marking process can be completed in a few seconds.
- Development speed As a result of laser technology and computer technology, the user as long as the computer can be programmed to achieve laser print output, and can change the print design at any time, fundamentally replace the traditional mold making process, in order to shorten the product upgrading cycle and flexible production provides a convenient tool.
- High precision machining can be very good quality light beam on the surface of the material, the thinnest line width can reach 0.05mm. For precision machining to create a broad application space.
- Low maintenance costs Laser marking is a non-contact marking, unlike the template printing process has a limited life, in the batch processing of the maintenance costs are very low.
- With environmentally friendly laser marking for non-contact marking, energy conservation, relative to the corrosion method to avoid chemical pollution; relative to the mechanical marking, but also reduce noise pollution.