What Should Pay Attention to When Using a Magnetic Stirrer?
Magnetic stirrers are laboratory instruments for liquid mixing, mainly for stirring or simultaneously heating and stirring low-viscosity liquid or solid-liquid mixtures. The basic principle is to use a magnetic field to push the magnetic stirring bar placed in the container to rotate in a circle, so as to achieve the purpose of stirring the liquid. With the heating temperature control system, the sample temperature can be heated and controlled according to the specific experimental requirements, maintaining the temperature conditions required by the experimental conditions, and ensuring that the liquid mixing meets the experimental requirements. However, what should pay attention to when using a magnetic stirrer?
- The power cord must be properly connected before use to ensure the safety of equipment and persons.
- When stirring, first adjust the speed adjustment knob to the minimum, then turn on the power and gradually adjust the speed to the appropriate speed. If the acceleration is too fast, the stirring rotor will jump continuously. At this time, the speed should be immediately adjusted back to "low”, and then accelerate slowly after the rotor stops beating.
- Liquids with high viscosity at room temperature often have poor thermal conductivity. When heating and stirring, it is not advisable to heat up quickly to prevent the container from breaking.
- Put the container at a suitable position on the metal tray, so that the stirring will not touch the wall of the container when rotating, otherwise the stirring will be fast and slow, which will affect the stirring effect.
- Keep the outer walls of the container dry.
- When the magnetic stirrer is not in use, the power should be cut off in time.
- Please pay attention to cleaning the magnetic stirrer and its surrounding environment.
In addition, magnetic stirrers should not be used to stir explosive substances in hazardous environments or use instruments for underwater operation. It should be ensured that only relevant trained personnel can use the instrument. Take care to avoid the instrument power cord touching the chassis. Wear suitable protective equipment depending on the type of media being handled. The instrument cannot be used to deal with potentially explosive media indoors, and the instrument should be placed on a non-flammable or fireproof table.
The influence of magnetic field on the surrounding environment should be considered when using, such as data storage, cardiac pacemaker. When the instrument is working, the temperature of the disk surface can reach a maximum of several hundred degrees Celsius. Be careful of burns when touching the instrument shell and disk surface. After the instrument is turned off, pay attention to the residual heat. When heating and cooling, there may be a slight sound due to the expansion of the material.