How to Use a Magnetic Stirrer?
The heated magnetic stirrer is a laboratory instrument for liquid mixing, mainly used for stirring or simultaneously heating and stirring low-viscosity liquid or solid-liquid mixtures. The basic principle is to use the magnetic field of the same-sex repulsion and opposite-sex attraction principle, and use the magnetic field to push the magnetic stirrer placed in the container to rotate in a circle, so as to achieve the purpose of stirring the liquid. With the heating temperature control system, it can heat and control the sample temperature according to the specific experimental requirements, maintain the temperature conditions required by the experimental conditions, and ensure that the liquid mixing meets the experimental requirements.
How to use a magnetic stirrer?
Turn on the power, the cup is ready, open the lid of the stainless steel container, place the cup in the middle of the stainless steel container, add heat transfer oil or silicone oil to the stainless steel container to the appropriate height, and put the stirrer into the cup solution. Turn on the power switch, the indicator light is on, turn the speed regulating potentiometer clockwise, and the stirring speed is from slow to fast. Adjust to the required speed.
When heating, connect the temperature sensor probe, clamp the probe on the bracket, move the bracket so that the temperature sensor probe is inserted into the solution not less than 5 cm, but can not affect the stirring, turn on the temperature control switch, set the desired temperature, press On the temperature controller +, - set the temperature to be constant temperature, the digital display value on the meter head is the actual temperature in the cup, the heating stops, the automatic constant temperature, the heating magnetic stirrer can continuously heat the constant temperature for a long time.
If there is a jumping phenomenon in the stirrer during work, please turn off the power and then turn it on again. The speed is from slow to fast, and it can be adjusted to resume normal work.
The common faults of heating magnetic stirrers are as follows:
- The magnetic stirrer does not start after power on: check the connection of the power cord and the power fuse.
- The magnetic stirrert can be started, but the self-test cannot be performed or the self-test is abnormal after power-on: turn off the power of the instrument and try again. If it still does not work, check whether the rotor cannot reach the proper speed due to the high viscosity of the solution.
- Excessive noise when the instrument is working: It may be caused by the excessive clearance of the inner shaft sleeve and bearing of the agitator, and the mismatch between the bearing and the shaft sleeve. It is recommended to replace the original parts according to the model of the instrument.
- The heating magnetic stirrer does not heat up: Check whether the heating fuse is burnt, the heating ring is short-circuited, or the heating meter is damaged.
- The rotor does not rotate or rotates abnormally: Check whether the viscosity of the solution is too high. If it is not a viscous solution, consider the electrical or mechanical failure of the rotor or the instrument itself. Check whether the instrument impeller rotates normally, and check whether the drive device is installed normally. If the reason is still unclear, it is recommended to contact the manufacturer's after-sales service personnel.
ATO electric heating mantle with magnetic stirrers in 100mL, 250mL, 500mL, 1L, 2L and 5L. Max. heating temperature reaches 380℃. Stirring speed adjustment knob and hemispherical heater make for even and efficient heating up.
To view the heating blender video demonstration, please follow us on Youtube: