What are Features of Magnetic Stirrer?
Magnetic stirrers are very important in the laboratory and can be used to stir liquids or solid-liquid mixtures. Today we will introduce its characters compared with electric stirrers, and its own features and functions. We hope that after reading this article, you can know the features of magnetic stirrer.
The role of magnetic stirrer
At first, let's move to the role of the magnetic stirrer. Generally it has the functions as following.
- Mix the reactants evenly and make the temperature uniform,
- Heating in an airtight container, it is necessary to prevent bumping. For example, during distillation, zeolite can be added, or a magnetic stirrer can be used.
- Increase the reaction speed, or evaporation speed, and shorten the time.
Compared with electric stirrers, magnetic stirrer's characters
When shopping for a blender, you might consider an electric blender. Now let's compare magnetic stirrers and electric stirrers. Compared with electric stirrers, magnetic stirrers have the following characters:
- Adopt high-quality DC motor, with low noise and stable speed regulation.
- The magnetic stirrer is a stirrer made of high-quality magnetic steel covered with PTFE, which is heat-resistant, wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant.
- The mixing work is carried out in a sealable container, which is ideal and convenient to use.
- The magnetic stirrer can be integrated with auxiliary heating device, which greatly facilitates the application that needs to be stirred and heated at the same time.
Features of Magnetic Stirrer
Just now, you learn the functions and characters of magnetic stirrer. Now let’s move to the features of magnetic stirrer.
- The top of the control panel is designed with an anti-corrosion liquid guiding groove. Even if the liquid overflows during the stirring process, it will not cause damage to the electronic components inside the agitator.
- It has large output torque. It is suitable for stirring low-viscosity large-capacity or high-viscosity small-capacity solutions.
- The table top is made of die-casting aluminum alloy material, and the exterior is sprayed with enamel material. The oil has good thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance. The smooth mixing table is easy to clean and has no residual pollutants.
- Aluminum alloy die-casting shell has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance and easy cleaning.
- The bottom of the heating plate adopts double melting heat device, which can fully improve the efficiency. And it can avoid heat conduction to the case.
In addition to these features, magnetic stirrers have other features. Magnetic stirrers are mainly used for liquid dissolution, heating and batching in pharmaceutical, food and other industries in actual life and work. The role played by the magnetic stirrer is incomparable to that of the ordinary stirrer. The magnetic stirrer can basically liberate the hands in the process of liquid stirring. And for some liquids that need temperature control, the stirring temperature can also be changed at will for better liquid mixing. For some liquids (like oil), the viscosity will change during the stirring process, and the viscosity gear needs to be adjusted to keep the speed constant.
Above all, we have introduced much information about magnetic stirrer. We hope that you can grasp the features or characters of magnetic stirrer. If you want to know more details about magnetic stirrer, welcome to click the ATO.