10 Tips for Installing Circuit Breaker
Thu, Jul 12 by ATO.com
Whether low-voltage circuit breakers are installed properly, which will directly affect its performance and safety. Generally pay attention as follows:
- Before installation, the technical parameters listed on the nameplate of the low-voltage circuit breaker should be checked for compliance with the requirements.
- Low voltage circuit breakers should be installed vertically, and the wired in front of the board are allowed to be mounted on metal brackets or metal backplanes, but the low-voltage circuit breakers that are wired behind the board must be mounted on the insulating base plate. The bracket or bottom plate of the fixed low-voltage circuit breaker must be flat to prevent damage to the insulating base when the screws are tightened. In order to prevent accidents caused by arcing, the copper busbar of the low-voltage circuit breaker should be packed with 200mm insulation or phase-interval arc plate from the insulation base.
- The power supply should be connected to the incoming terminal of the static contact of the low voltage circuit breaker, and the trip end should be connected to the load. To ensure that over-current trip protection features, the section of the connecting conductors should release rated current selection.
- When the circuit breaker is used with a fuse, the fuse should be installed before the circuit breaker to ensure safe using.
- The thermal release and electromagnetic release of the low-voltage circuit breaker are calibrated and sealed with red paint before leaving the factory. They must not be adjusted by themselves during installation to avoid affecting the action characteristics of the release. If the working current of the place of use does not match the rated working current of the trip unit, the low-voltage circuit breaker suitable for the rated working current of the trip unit should be exchanged.
- In order to prevent arcing, the arcing distance of the circuit breaker should be taken into consideration during installation. It is also noted that the busbar does not cross the busbar at a distance close to the arcing distance above the arc extinguishing chamber.
- When a low voltage circuit breaker is used as the main circuit or a motor control switchr in the line-side disconnector must be installed, knife switch or a fuse, as apparent break point.
- If the low voltage circuit breaker using an electric actuator, it must pay attention to the power supply voltage of the actuator, and it cannot be connected incorrectly.
- The low-voltage circuit breaker should remove internal dust before installation, and add some lubricating oil to each transmission part. The rust-proof grease on the working surface of the electromagnet of the trip unit should be wiped off to avoid affecting the action value of the electromagnetic mechanism.
- After the installation is completed, check the accuracy and reliability of the circuit breaker operation with a handle or other transmission. Check whether the trip unit can operate within the specified range of operating values, whether the electromagnetic operating mechanism is closed, and whether the movable parts are stuck.