What is an Automatic Screw Feeder?
An automatic screw feeder is an automatic device that replaces human hands to take, put and tighten the screws by automatic mechanism, which mainly applies for automatic assembly, such as producing car components, computers, display screens, motors, lamps and lanterns, mobile phones, printers, circuit boards and batteries. It can extremely improve production efficiency and reliability as well as reduce production costs.
Automatic screw feeders are divided into the handheld automatic screw feeder and the fully automatic screw feeder.
The handheld automatic screw feeder
Compare with holding screws in one hand, holding electric or pneumatic locking screws in the other hand, the handheld automatic screw feeder can free one hand, just another hand to raise the screwdriver and aim at the screw hole locking screws. After one screw has locked, just raise the screwdriver and aim at the hole of the next screw, and the screw feeder will automatically transfer a screw to the screwdriver at the moment, waiting for locking a next screw, and repeat.
The handheld automatic screw feeder has the following characteristics:
- To transfer and lock screws without any letup, which doesn’t need to fetch screws by hand. The speed of locking screws is 40~60PCS/MIN, which is extremely to improve production efficiency and save labor costs.
- Every time a screw is locked, the screw feeder will automatically send a screw to the nozzle, eliminating the time to fetch, move and aim at screws.
- Only need to directly aim at the screw hole and press slightly, the screw is locked. No repeated feeding and it is very quick and convenient.
- It can be used with the original screwdriver and wind batches, with the same torque adjustment which saves purchase costs.
- The electric batch set is quite portable, which don’t increase the fatigue of workers.
- It can operate single or be configured as an assembly line, such as up and down the material form, which quickly and greatly improve screws locking quality and the production efficiency.
- It can be applied for automatically assembly line of the electronics industry, such as assembling for mobile phones, hard drives, keyboards, plastics, toys, communication equipment and so on.
The fully automatic screw feeder
The fully automatic screw feeder is added some functions based the handheld automatic screw feeder, such as a robotic arm or an assembly line, a workbench, and automatic control, which is a better product. Implement unattended surveillance as needed, which saves labor costs and improves production and assembly efficiency.
The fully automatic screw feeder is divided into the three-coordinate fully automatic screw feeder and the multi - axis fully automatic screw feeder.
- The three-coordinate fully automatic screw feeder has different movement stroke of Y-axis and Z-axis and the number of z-axis, which is made to order according to the actual demand of clients. Feeding methods is generally divided into suction and pneumatic feeding. The choice of the two methods depends on screw specifications that whether meet the requirements of pneumatic feeding. Under the premise of meeting the requirements, as far as possible adopts the pneumatic feeding method.
- The three-coordinate fully automatic screw feeder calls special machine as well, which is special lock payment machine for products to be locked and is not applicable to other products. Feeding methods is generally divided manual feeding, pneumatic feeding and suction. The choice of the three methods depends on screw specifications that whether meet the requirements of pneumatic feeding. Under the premise of meeting the requirements, as far as possible adopts the pneumatic feeding method.