What is Pneumatic Solenoid Valve?
Pneumatic solenoid valves are electromechanical devices that control the flow of air or process gas. They are mostly used for controlling pneumatic actuators such as cylinders, turbines (pneumatic motors), diaphragms, and tubes. ATO.com online store provides a series of pneumatic solenoid valves to control the flow of air with internal pilot operated, including 2 way, 3 way, and 5 way.
Features of Pneumatic Solenoid Valve
- Pilot mode: external and internal optional.
- Sliding column structure, good sealing and sensitive response.
- The three-position solenoid valve has three central functions tochoose from.
- The double-headed two-position solenoid valve has a memoryfunction.
- The inner hole is processed by special technology, with low frictionresistance, low starting air pressure and long service life.
- No need to add oil for lubrication.
- The valve group can be integrated with the base to save installationspace.
- A manual device is attached to facilitate installation and debugging.
- There are a variety of standard voltage levels to choose from.
Working Principle of the Pilot Solenoid Valve
The main working principle of the solenoid valve is to use the electromagnetic force generated by the solenoid coil to push the spoolto switch and realize the reversal of the airflow.
The pilot solenoid valve uses the pilot air pressure output by thesolenoid pilot valve to push the spool to change direction.
Difference between Direct-acting Solenoid Valve and Pilot Solenoid Valve
In the electromagnetic control part, the directional valve is pushed differently.
The direct-acting solenoid valve directly uses electromagnetic force topush the spool to change direction, while the pilot solenoid valve usesthe pilot air pressure output by the electromagnetic pilot valve to pushthe spool to change direction.
In the initial position, 1 is the air inlet, 2 is the air outlet(normally open), and 3 is the air outlet (normally closed). 3 and 5 are vents. When the solenoid valve coil is energjized, the iron core gets electromagnetic force to make the piot valve actuate, use the 2 and 4 holes to change direction, and discharge the gas in the 2 holes.
Application of Pneumatic Solenoid Valve
Pneumatic solenoid valves are electromechanical devices that control the flow of air or process gas. They are mostly used for controlling pneumatic actuators such as cylinders, turbines (pneumatic motors), diaphragms, and tubes.
If you want to know more information of pneumatic solenoid valve, please click the video below.