What is a Tension Controller?
Tension control refers to the ability to permanently control the tension of the material as it is transported on the equipment. This control must be effective for any running speed of the machine, including acceleration, deceleration and uniform speed of the machine. Even in an emergency stop situation, there should be the ability to ensure that the cut object is not damaged.
The tension controller is a system developed by a microcontroller or some embedded devices and peripheral circuits. It is a control instrument. It can directly set the tension value to be controlled, and then directly input the signal of the tension sensor as the tension feedback value. After the deviation is obtained through comparison, it is input to the PID and other controllers for processing, and the obvious faults are eliminated in time. The tension controller is a system developed by a microcontroller or some embedded devices and peripheral circuits. It is a control instrument. It can directly set the tension value to be controlled, and then use the signal directly input to the tension sensor as the tension feedback value. After the deviation is obtained through comparison, it is input to the controller such as PID for processing and then output Peripheral actuators control to achieve the purpose of small deviation and fast system response.
The routine maintenance of the tension controller is the basic work of equipment maintenance and must be standardized. Regular maintenance of the photoelectric correction controller can ensure that the mechanical equipment is always in a good technical state, can be put into operation at any time, and greatly extends its service life. Regular equipment inspections are planned preventive inspections. Daily maintenance workers take the initiative to rectify the installation level and accuracy of the equipment in the district and make detailed records for archival inspection.
Disadvantages of traditional winding device: Textile machinery such as: sizing machine, size-dyeing combined machine, parallel machine and other equipment will have a rewinding process. Traditional rewinding uses mechanical transmission. The coaxial transmission of such machine will cause serious machine wearing, and it often requires maintenance. Maintenance is very troublesome and is extremely inconvenient. In particular, the textile equipment is basically not allowed to stop halfway after it is turned on. If there is an unexpected situation, a stop shall waste a lot of time. In this case, the tension-controlled frequency conversion winding gradually began to replace the traditional mechanical transmission system.
In many fields of industrial production, winding control problems usually occur. For example, in the production process of paper, textiles, plastic films, wires, printed materials, magnetic tapes, metal tapes and wires, the unwinding and coiling tension of the tape or wire is essential to product quality. To this end, constant tension control is required, that is, the product is subjected to good tension during the winding process, and remains unchanged from beginning to end. The stability of the tension control is directly related to the quality of the product being cut. If the tension is too large, it will cause the tensile deformation of the processed material; if the tension is too small, it will deform the layer-to-layer stress of the coiled material, causing uneven winding and affecting the processing quality. In the strip winding system, the tension control system is not only very important, but also quite complicated.
Advantages of tension control frequency conversion winding:
1. Use advanced control algorithms: recursive calculation of coil diameter; linear increase of tension when hollow coil diameter is activated; application of tension taper calculation formula; dynamic adjustment of torque compensation and so on.
2. The real-time calculation of the winding diameter has very high accuracy, which ensures the smooth performance of the output torque of the winding motor. In addition, a recursive calculation of the curl diameter is added when calculating the curl diameter. When the operation is wrong, the diameter can be corrected to the correct value.
3. The tension setting is set on the man-machine, which is a humanized operation.
4. Because the moment of inertia of the winding device is very large, when the winding diameter increases, if the operator accelerates, decelerates, stops, and reactivates, it is easy to cause the phenomenon of yarn burst and loose yarn, which will directly lead to the quality of the yarn. After the transformation of the frequency conversion winding, the winding is stable and the tension is always constant under the above-mentioned conditions. Furthermore, after PLC processing, in the specific dynamic process, some dynamic adjustment measures can be added to improve the winding performance.
5. Reconstruction of frequency conversion winding on the basis of traditional mechanical transmission winding is very simple and low cost. Basically, there is no need to modify the original machinery. The transformation cycle is small, and basically the installation and commissioning can be completed in two or three days.
6. It overcomes the disadvantages of mechanical winding on mechanical wear, prolongs the service life of the machine, and facilitates the maintenance of equipment.
In many industries of industrial production, precise tension control is required to maintain constant tension and improve product quality. The purpose of tension control is to keep the tension on the wire or strip constant. It is widely used in industries such as paper making, printing and dyeing, packaging, wire and cable, fiber optic cable, textile, leather, metal foil processing, fiber, rubber, metallurgy and so on.