What is Filter?
A power line filter, also known as EMI/ RFI power line filter, is an electronic passive device which is installed between the power line and the equipment in order to suppress electromagnetic interference (EMI) or radio frequency interference (RFI). Due to high attenuation performance, 1A and 3A EMI AC power line filters on ATO.com are good solutions for EMI suppression, filter provide a reliable protection for a wide range of applications in the industrial areas.
Advantages of Filter
- High permeability core.
- Pass the meutral slat spray test (NSS test).
- Copper material: Low heat & long life.
- Insertion loss: High frequency characteristics, stable insertion.
Filter Installtion Guide
- Fix, pass the mounting bolts through the four mounting holes of the filter, install them into the bracket or chassis, and tighten the nuts to fix.
- Grounding, connecting the grounding screw to the ground with a cord less than 20 cm in length.
- Connecting the phase wires,remove a nut washer from the phase wire bolts of the filter, and install the connected terminals on the phasewire bolts in turn. Note: The connection of eachterminal should be as parallel aspossible to avoid crossing.
- When tightening the screws, use wrench 1 to fix the root nut, and then use wrench 2 to tighten the nut (as shown inthe figure). Otherwise it may cause damage to the filter terminal, and the other phase wires are connected in the same way.
- Check, check the connection and installation of the filter at various positions before powering on, pay special attention to the connection of the groundwire, and then power on and run after the check is correct.
Special reminder: The filter needs to be grounded, otherwise it will have no effect.
Usage Guide of Filter
There are many ground wires at the input, and the ground wire must be grounded. If it is not grounded, it has no effect or the effect is not good.
The correct installation of EMI power filter is the key to give fullplay to the performance of EMI power filter.
When the equipment is composed of several units, the filter must be correctly connected to each unit inside the equipment, and several units with separate power supplies must be installed in the same rack.
Each unit must be regarded as an independent part of the equipment. The units must be When the equipment is composed of several units, the filter must be correctly connected to each unit inside the equipment, and several units with separate power supplies must be installed inthe same rack. Each unit must be regarded as an independentpart of the equipment. The units must be connected to their respective filters.
See more details about filter, click the video below.