Where Should a Water Booster Pump be Installed?
There are certain pressure requirements for the tap water used in our homes. Too high pressure can damage water utilities, while too low pressure can make some water utilities unusable. If the tap water pressure is too low, what can we do? Where should the water pressure booster pump be installed?
The tap water in our home is equipped with a water pressure booster pump to meet the water pressure requirements of our corresponding areas. Therefore, the location of the tap water booster pump is also very important. The water booster pump should be installed in these two positions: one is the position of the main pipeline we enter the house, and the other is the front side of the water facility. Because these two different positions correspond to different situations.
Position 1: Install a water booster pump on the main tap water pipeline.
Installing a water booster pump on the main water supply can meet the needs of all of our indoor boosting locations. However, due to the wide range of supercharging, the increase effect may not be particularly obvious. The installation position of the water booster pump to pressurize all indoor facilities is as follows.
Install a water booster pump on the main pipeline.
Installed on the main pipe is mainly aimed at the tap water in our house. There is a main pipe in the test. Then all the water in the room is separated from this main pipe. It is definitely the most appropriate to install the booster pump on the main pipeline at this time.
- Install in the kitchen. That is to say, the main pipeline of our bathroom is installed in the kitchen at this time, so it is most reasonable for us to install the pressurized pump in the kitchen.
- Install in the bathroom. If our main pipe is in the bathroom, it is usually installed in the lower part of the bathroom. We can install the water booster pump in this position, which can be hidden and can also meet the needs of water.
Booster pump installed in the main pipeline of the kitchen.
The kitchen main pipe refers to the tap water in our home. Although a main pipe enters the room, it is branched from the ground. A branch pipe enters the kitchen after the branch, so if we install a booster pump at this time, we can install it in the kitchen. This is to meet the needs of kitchen pressure.
Booster pump installed in the main pipeline of the toilet.
The main pipe of the bathroom is another situation in which the main supervisor in our room enters the house and then branches out. That is to say, after the main entrance pipe is indoors, a branch pipe is made from the ground to the kitchen, and then a branch pipe is made for the bathroom. Therefore, at this time, the booster pump in the bathroom is to meet the demand for water pressure in the bathroom.
We should choose the main pipe of all the water in the bathroom to pressurize, because the bathroom is usually reserved for the main pipe, and then make a branch. The branch pipes are connected to the washbasin, shower room, washing machine and so on. Therefore, it must be installed on the main pipeline to meet the increased demand.
Position 2: Install water booster pump before water facility.
The installation of booster pumps in front of water facilities is mainly aimed at equipment that requires a large amount of water in our home base and has special requirements for water pressure. And usually when we use tap water, the water pressure has little effect. There are two common situations.
- Situation 1: A booster pump is installed before the gas water heater. Because everyone knows that the gas water heater will not ignite if the water pressure is not enough. Therefore, for the installation of gas water heaters, it is necessary to ensure that the water pressure is qualified. Then at this time, we can install a booster pump at the water inlet of the gas water heater to meet the use of gas.
- Situation 2: A water booster pump is installed in front of the instantaneous electric water heater. The so-called instantaneous electric water heater is that the water is directly heated after passing through the water heater. If the water pressure is not enough, the amount of water entering the instantaneous electric water heater will be too small to produce the hot water we need. At this time, a booster pump can also be installed in front of the instantaneous electric water heater.
What is the impact of installing booster pumps in different locations?
We install water booster pumps in different locations, and the effects are actually very different. In addition, the operation of the booster pump is also very different.
- The water booster pump is installed in front of the water facility, and the booster pump will only be activated during the process of water use. For example, when we use a gas water heater, a booster pump is installed in front of the gas water heater, and it will only run at this time. Most of the rest of the time, the booster pump is not running.