What is an AC/DC Gear Motor?
Gear motor is an integrated device of speed reducer and electric motor, also known as gear reduction motor. Professional manufacturers integrate and assemble the gearbox and electric motor to be a set for sale. Gear motor is a unit for connection, transmission, speed reduction, and increasing torque. AC/DC gear motors have the advantages of low energy consumption, superior performance, small size, compact structure, reliable and durable, etc.
According to speed, a motor itself can be divided into low speed (low rpm) motor and high speed (high rpm) motor. According to functions, there are drive motors and control motors. No matter what kind of motor, there is a rated speed and torque. To obtain variable speed, a dedicated controller or speed regulator is needed to control the speed, but this will increase a certain cost and cause the motor price to become higher. On the other hand, performance of the motor after speed regulation will decrease to varying degrees. In this case, gear motor can perfectly solve this problem.
Types of gear motors
- Classified by motor
- AC motors (including motors with brakes or clutches): 3-phase AC gear motors and single-phase AC gear motors.
- DC motors (including motors with brakes or clutches): electromagnetic gear motors and permanent magnet gear motors. BLDC motor and brushed DC motor.
- AC (DC) servo motors.
- Various control motors, pneumatic motors and hydraulic motors.
- Synchronous motors and asynchronous motors.
- Classified by gearbox transmission mode
- Gear transmission: including helical gear, worm gear, parallel shaft gear, right angle gear, spiral (bevel) gear, helical inline gear, planetary gear. Gear transmission is the most classic transmission, single-stage transmission efficiency is as high as 98%, compact structure, high reliability, and large power range (up to 40 hp).
- Cycloid pin wheel, sprocket gear.
- Harmonic drive.
What is the difference between AC and DC gear motor?
Gear motor is mounted with a speed reduction gearbox on the motor output end. AC gear motors and DC gear motors are 2 types of geared motors divided by working power. The meaning of AC gear motor is that the power source used is AC, such as 110 Volt, 120 Volt, 220 volt, 240 volt. DC gear motor uses DC power as the power supply, such as 12V, 24V, 48V.
The gear reduction motor is based on the ordinary motor, plus a speed reduction gearbox. The function of speed reduction gearbox is to provide lower speed and higher torque. In addition, different reduction ratios of gearbox can provide different speeds and torques. The higher the gear ratio, the lower the speed and the higher the torque. For example, there is an AC gear motor, when its gear ratio is 50:1, the speed is 30 rpm, and when its gear ratio is 25:1, the speed is 60 rpm, and when the gear ratio is 15 :1, the speed can reach 100 rpm.
Gear motor applications
- AC gear motor applications
AC gear motor is usually a high-power gear motor, such as 1 hp, 2 hp, 3 hp, 5 hp, and higher. AC geared motor is mainly used in metallurgy, coal, building materials, shipbuilding, water conservancy, electric power, generators, construction machinery and petrochemical industries. In addition, it is widely used in various machinery, such as construction, cement, environmental protection, electronic appliances, industrial automation, chemical industry, mining, conveyor, rubber, plastic, petroleum, metal and so on.
- DC gear motor applications
DC gear motor is usually a small power gear motor, usually no more than 0.5 hp. DC gear motors usually use custom specification mode for sales. It is widely used in smart home, car drives, electronic products, medical equipment, robot drives and other fields. In addition, DC gear motor is also used for rolling shutter, air conditioner, massage chair, micro instrument, smart pan/tilt, vending machine, rotisserie, electronic lock, washing machine, agitator, cement mixer, electric toothbrush, smart mouse, car tail Doors and other final consumption goods.