How to Setup Soft Starter Parameter?
Soft starter is a motor control device that integrates motor soft start, soft stop, light load energy saving and various protection functions. It not only realizes the smooth and shock-free starting of the motor in the whole starting process, but also adjusts the parameters in the starting process, such as current limit value and starting time, etc., according to the characteristics of the motor load.
In the normal working state of the ATO soft starter, the motor runs normally after pressing RUN, and the bypass contactor is normally closed. Next let's setup the soft starter.
- Press STOP, the motor stops running, and the contactor returns to the initial state.
- Press the SET key, the motor enters the parameter setting interface.
- Press SET again to adjust the parameters.
- Press YES to confirm the parameters.
- Press YES on the initial interface to display the current voltage.
- Press ↑ or ↓ to display the current soft starter specifications and alarm records.
- Press RESET to return to the default interface.
- When FB01=key + button, the external emergency stop button and stop button are valid.
- When the emergency stop button is photographed, the LCD shows that errors 7 and 10 are open circuit status.
The soft starter cannot be run at this time. After the emergency stop button is restored, it can operate normally.
- When the stop button is pressed, the LCD displays no abnormalities.
- When pressing RUN, LCD displays 8 and 10 open circuit errors.
The RUN key cannot be operated. After resetting the stop button, the soft starter operates normally. In the normal running state, press the stop key, the soft starter will stop running.
At this time, the external control button is invalid, and the keyboard button can continue to control the soft starter. Stop the operation after pressing the STOP button on the panel. Shoot the emergency stop button and stop button, the soft starter has no response.
In the case of FB01=key + button.
- When there is no alarm error, the fault output port (5, 6) is open.
- When a fault occurs (7 and 10 are disconnected), the fault output port is closed.
- 8 and 10 are disconnected, a fault code is displayed, and the fault output port is closed at this time.
- After pressing the reset button, the fault output port returns to an open circuit.
If you want to know more about ATO soft starter parameter setting and fault output, please view the video below. What’s more, ATO.com provides low voltage 10 hp, 15 hp, 20 hp, 25 hp, 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp, 60 hp, 75 hp, 100 hp, 125 hp, 150 hp, 180 hp, 200 hp, 250 hp, 300 hp soft starters for three phase AC motors and power tools. Highly reliable soft starter protects your equipment, buy now!