Portable Methane (CH4) gas detector comes with infrared mathene sensor, built-in micro pump and measuring range 0-100% VOL, fast response and accurate measurement, long service life and favorable price.
- LCD dot matrix display, direct readout of gas type, unit, concentration, local time, etc.
- Support English/Chinese operation, easy to shift.
- Gas concentration unit PPM and mg/m3 can be shift quickly.
- Built-in micro-sampling pump, 10 grades of suction are available.
- Explosion-proof certification
Gas Detector Functions
- With self-calibration and zero calibration functions, makes the detection more accurate and reliable.
- One key to restore factory setting, free from maloperation.
- With temperature and pressure compensation, able to realize the compensation for the gas concentration under different temperature and pressure environments.
- Two-stage alarm with sound and light, and alarm point is settable.
- Rechargeable lithiumpolymer battery with large capacity.
- High-strength special engineering plastic housing, with anti-slip, waterproof, dustproof and explosion-proof
||Pumping suction, flow rate can be up to 1L/min, ten grades of pumping suction for selection.
||0-100% LEL, 0-50% VOL, 0-100% VOL
||1% LEL, 0.01% VOL
|Data Logging (Optional Function)
||High speed data transmission by USB, available for data downloading and printing
||Sound, light and vibration
||LCD dot matrix display
||3.7V rechargeable lithium battery, 3.7 Watt
(Charger included: Input AC 100-240V 50/60Hz with optional USA, Europe or UK plug)
||100h (Pump off)
||Mini USB interface supports standard MODBUS communication protocol
||Ex ia llC T4
* If you need a CH4 gas detector with other measuring ranges unlisted in above table, please contact us to inform your operating environment, so as to help you choose an appropriate one for your application.
* We also provide other common gas detectors, and you can refer to ATO Gas Detector Catalog to get the specific gas type and measurement range. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Portable Methane gas detector, pump-suction type, adopts infrared methane gas sensor for CH4 concentration detection and it's widely applied in gas station, gas pipeline leak detection, Methane pipeline purity measurement, laboratories or some confined spaces, etc.
Tips: To prevent mine gas explosion, why only detect methane?
Methane is an organic compound with a molecular formula of CH₄ and a molecular weight of 16.043. It is the main component of natural gas, biogas, pit gas or mine gas, etc. Methane is a flammable gas, and it is extremely explosive after being ignited. Therefore, it is necessary to install flammable gas alarms and fire-fighting equipment to detect the gas composition and concentration in the environment at any time, such as methane in a mine.
The composition of mine gas is very complex. Its important component is methane (CH4), followed by carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitrogen (N2). It also contains a small or trace amount of heavy hydrocarbon gases (ethane, propane, butane, pentane, etc.), Hydrogen (H2), Carbon Monoxide (CO), Sulfur Dioxide (SO2), Sulfurizer (H2S), etc.
Among the gas components of mine gas, only methane gas will explode after exceeding the lower explosion limit, and other gases such as CO and H2S are toxic gases, which will only harm the human body and will not explode. Gases such as CO2, N2 are inert gases and usually only affect the oxygen content. Therefore, in terms of preventing explosion hazards, detecting methane is sufficient. The portable methane detector can detect the methane concentration in the environment in real time, and the detector will give the sound and light alarm when the concentration exceeds the standard.The combustible gas detector also need be installed in a working environment where combustible gas is easy to produce and leak so as to control the risk within a controllable and safe range. Other gas types and concentrations can also be measured with corresponding detectors.